Monday, April 24, 2023

Embarking-On-a-New Day-or-Week Prayer

Aren't you thankful for rich legacies preserved 
either in books or by modern technology?!!
 One of my 'dearest friends' I never met,
(or spoke to, though his messages often spoke to me,)
 passed away last week...


Does this phrase ring tenderly in your ears too, 
as we mourn the precious passing of a faithful Pastor/preacher?
"Obey God, and leave the consequences to Him"
Dr. Charles Stanley~

Below, a touching tribute to Dr. Charles Stanley by In Touch Ministries


Psalm 116:15
Precious in the sight of the LORD Is the death of His saints.

We are not all preachers or pastors but all believers are ministers of God's Word.
This morning's poem is a prayer, that barely skims the surface of my heart's cry,
as I seek to try to do my part to
"Obey God, and leave the consequences to Him"

I'm so thankful for God's Word and for faithful fellow-believers
as we never get too old to learn, 
(often through stumbles and fumbles/mistakes)

Dear Lord, I pray, lead me today in paths of righteousness
And let Thy everlasting way my sole/soul’s objective be
Protect me from promiscuous pitfalls of idleness
But bid humility commit to love and honor Thee

Search me and know my heart, try me, and know each fruit-fraught thought
And see if there be any wicked way in me to purge
Lord, the spirit is willing but the fickle flesh is not
Oh, let Thy law instilling me dissect desire’s urge

Whatever I achieve today (always, but by Thy grace)
Help me obey and leave in Thy kind care the consequence
Help me to trust Thy Word; worldly logic is blind and base
Remind me of the undeterred reply of recompense

Dear Lord, I pray for all who seek to daily follow Thee
Help us to turn the other cheek and not to wrath give way
Vengeance is Thine; Lord Thou art just; beyond the bit we see
Awaits the Prize for all who trust, endure, believe, obey

Dear Lord, as I embark upon this new Today once more
How merciful Thou art; kindle my heart with awe again
Lest I neglect to do the part You created me for
To love Thee first and then my neighbor as myself. Amen

© Janet Martin

Psalm 139:23-24 KJV
Search me, O God, and know my heart: 
Try me, and know my thoughts: 
And see if there be any wicked way in me,
 And lead me in the way everlasting.

(the same prayer in the 'we/us' version)

Dear Lord, we pray, lead us today in paths of righteousness
And let Thy everlasting way our sole/soul’s objective be
Protect us from promiscuous pitfalls of idleness
But bid humility commit to love and honor Thee

Search us and know our hearts, try us, and know each fruit-fraught thought
And see if there be any wicked way in us to purge
Lord, the spirit is willing but the fickle flesh is not
Oh, let Thy law instilling us dissect desire’s urge

Whatever we achieve today (always, but by Thy grace)
Help us obey and leave in thy kind care the consequence
Help us to trust Your Word; worldly logic is blind and base
Remind us of the undeterred reply of recompense

Dear Lord, we pray for all who seek to daily follow Thee
Help us to turn the other cheek and not to wrath give way
Vengeance is Thine; Lord Thou art just; beyond the bit we see
Awaits the Prize for all who trust, endure, believe, obey

Dear Lord, as we embark upon this new Today once more
How merciful Thou art; kindle our hearts with awe again
Lest we neglect to do the part You created us for
To love Thee first and then our neighbor as ourselves. Amen

© Janet Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!