Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Happily Ever After



Write a form poem, and/or...
Write an anti-form poem.

Anyone who knows me well knows I love
the traditional style of form.
However, I do admire those who serve anti-form well!






Sometimes I am so happy
And sometimes oh, so sad
For all the fulfilled wishes
That I never had

Sometimes when I am waiting
For Wish, not granted yet
I retrace Intervention 
 That spared me from regret

Then, when my school of wishes
Swims past my dangling hook
Like sassy, flashy fishes,
I pretend not to look

Happily ever after
I've learned, I'm learning how to prize
The wealth in lilts of laughter
The stars in loved one's eyes
 
Janet Martin








2 comments:

  1. I love it. I'm guessing this is maybe your adorable granddaughter? I don't have one of those yet! Those cookies are so cute, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes. this is my grand-daughter and they are so worth the wait<3

      Delete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!