Friday, October 25, 2019

Beneath the Shadow of the Cross

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will abide in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say to the LORD, “You are my refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust.” 
Psalm 91:1-2 



Oft-times when praying,
after thanking God for His gift of salvation and His faithfulness
I can get caught up in a long list of cares and needs,
some my own and some my fellow-travelers.
I want to learn to get caught up in worshiping Him and praising him a little more as well.

Lord, let me think a little more
Of love, more precious far than gold
As morning flings ajar its door
And mercy breaks night’s starry mold
Let worship be my chief delight
In spite of living’s certain loss
Lord, keep me by your faithful Light
Beneath the shadow of the cross

The cross, from whence Love, blood-red fell
To purchase pardon for mankind
And victory o’er death and hell
When we have left this life behind
Then let hope’s wonderment eclipse
The weight of sorrow’s albatross
And keep faith’s footing firmly fixed
Beneath the shadow of the cross

Let hurt and heartache’s honing knife
Keen hunger for your Living Word
And as we break the Bread of Life
May awestruck gratitude be stirred
That You, Love’s Perfect Offering
Held nothing back for mankind’s cause
So death cannot inject its sting
Beneath the shadow of the cross

Lord, let me think a little more
Upon your awful sacrifice
Then let me return, as it were
To stand beneath Redemption’s price
And feel the fathoms of Your grace
Dissolve and absolve Eden’s curse
And let me glory in my place
Beneath the shadow of the cross

© Janet Martin

 O death, where is thy sting? 
O grave, where is thy victory?
 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.
 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Cor.15:55-57

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!