Monday, July 25, 2016

Thereby We Go





If we would count our failures, oh
How could we bear its dread dismay?
God’s grace whereby we humbly go
Forgives and grants us a new day

If we could see the debt we owed
And God forgave; all want would cease
God’s grace, whereby we humbly go
Forgives, and grants us hope and peace

Earth’s joy is fleeting, this we know
The best it offers fades like mist
God’s grace whereby we humbly go
Forgives in dawn-kissed amethyst

If we could catch one glimpse of Heav’n
Fear would falter and faith would reign
God’s grace, whereby we are forgiv’n
Waits to let Heaven make it plain

© Janet Martin



 But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect. No, I worked harder than all of them--yet not I, but the grace of God that was with me.

1 Cor.15:10

2 comments:

  1. Wow, these photos are gorgeous! "If we could catch one glimpse of Heav’n
    Fear would falter and faith would reign" --how true that is! I need to keep that in my mind's eye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I think we are allowed heaven-glimpses, but we are told that eye hath not seen' what is waiting over there!
      Life is SO full of care, I needed to write this as a self-reminder of how and by Whom we go! It is so easy to forget...

      Delete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!