Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Finish


Tis not the start of the race we applaud
Though we cheer the participant on
Tis as they cross the finish line
We clap and say ‘well done’

Many begin this race with hope
And good intentions too
But then become distracted
By a kinder avenue

It’s not easy to persevere
Fighting through wind and rain
But oh, how sad, if, at the end of life’s race
We have run in vain

Janet~

I remember my dad telling us this…
It’s not by how we begin that we will be remembered…
But by how we finish!

I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 2 Tim.4:7


2 comments:

  1. Have you ever listened to 'Beautiful Ending' by BarlowGirl? It goes perfectly with this poem... Many individuals in the Bible who were called in to ministry, and had a strong start, led lives ending in tragedy, because they forgot their first love... God. The group of 3 women say they always want Him to stay their focus, so they lead lives that end as beautifully as they began. 'Beautiful Ending' was written with that in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will listen to that song...the girls have some of her music downloaded, so they likely have this one too. Thank-you for this. It really is in how we finish something...not in how we start...even in life's seemingly 'little' things:) Sometimes as I am trying to teach the kids I realize how badly I need to remember to follow my own advice...

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!