Friday, July 1, 2016

Worth It All..To a Summer Day or a Poem



This is the first poem for Poetic Bloomings Poem-a-day Chapbook Prompt .
Prompt taken from the song Summer Breeze.



 Happy July 1st! And Happy Canada Day to those of us in this 'True North Strong and Free'.

For all the expectations that I have from you
You always surprise me with new ways to
Showcase the old
And I know I will never tire of being on the lookout
For fresh arrangements of
Blue-purple-green-gold

The world is filled with kindred spirits
But the trick and the joy
Is discovering them
As long as I live I will never grow weary
Of summer days
Preserved in poem

Darling, come, lets pulls our green-grass chairs
Out to the wide-open
Ink-well fell
And wait to see what old, new arrangements
Transpire.
We never can tell

The flower bouquets we have picked then strewn
To the floor of time’s summer-day
Banquet hall
Makes one glad to be alive where June
Has a way of making winter
Worth it all

© Janet Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!