Thursday, July 28, 2016

Aren't Ya' Glad



When it looks 
like you got 
nothin’ Much 
to offer But 
you know you do
And when you 
are prey to scoffers
For what you know IS True
When the world cries ‘the sky is fallin’ And you don’t fall for their fear
And when the papers are full of ‘The end of life as we knew it is here’
And when it looks like Happiness is somethin' lost to days lost to circumstance
And the Faith of our Fathers falters and is trampled by ignorance
When it looks 
like hope is nothin’
More than fancy’s 
child run wild
And most treat 
life like a gamble
Of luck defiled
Oh, aren’t  ya’ glad
You know the One
Who Abides
Changeless and true
Aren’t you glad 
Aren't you glad
You know Him?
Oh, I sure hope,
Sure hope
You do
An' if ya' don't
It's not too late
To get to 
know Him
Too 

Janet~

 Though you have not seen him, 
you love him; 
and even though you do not see him now, 
you believe in him 
and are filled 
with an inexpressible and glorious joy,

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

2 comments:

  1. You continue to amaze and inspire (seriously) me with your un-boxed-in poetry, making way for all your myriad thoughts and interests, unconfined to "genre". Thank you for freely being and exploring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU for continuously inspiring me!'un-boxed-in poetry,' now there's a poem in That... I'm sure;-))

      Thank-you Cyndy, for appreciating my passion and taking the time to read.

      Delete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!