Thursday, November 12, 2015

After This

PAD Challenge day 12: For today’s prompt, take the phrase “After (blank),” replace the blank with a word or phrase, make the new phrase the title of your poem, and then, write your poem.




Bit of song-dream-dance-or-sit
Bit of cheer and chatter
Bit of toil and spoil of it
Where the seasons scatter

Bit of hold before let go
Joy-begotten sorrow
Bit of learning what we know
time’s weaning is thorough

So, pray a little prayer, please do
Life is a Grave matter
We will soon be lying too
Where the seasons scatter

Bit of bud and bloom, my love
Bit of tear and laughter
Bit of sloughing through life’s bog
Then,
The ever after

© Janet Martin


2 comments:

  1. I really like this one, Janet. "Life is a Grave matter" is a clever and thought provoking turn of phrase. As I grow older, I think about the ever after more and more often. It is good to be in a position to look forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also think about it more and more as I begin seeing the receding line of Time even if life is granted to getting 'old'! My heart literally throbs with sorrow for those who don't know Jesus and cross over this time-line into eternity!!!

      Delete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!