Monday, November 16, 2015

A New Take (on an old favorite)





Where the darkness dissipates
We behold time’s age-old call
Rolling through gold-gilded gates
Like a holy madrigal

Mercy’s hallelujah-choir
Splays before man’s gaze, a feast
Strums the darkness like a lyre
Lights the lamppost in the east

Wrought with naught but thought of God
Orchestras of air obey
Over ancient sea and sod
Beams the banner of Today

From the birthplace of Time’s woes
Grace anoints its newborn cry
Like the bud that holds a rose
Dawn unfolds from midnight’s sky

© Janet Martin

 The LORD'S lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, For His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness. "The LORD is my portion," says my soul, "Therefore I have hope in Him."…

Lam.3:22-24

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!