Tuesday, August 30, 2011

No Pretty Pink Bow...

You held it too me beneath the pink sky
It was so lovely that it made me cry
I took it gladly; for oh, how could I
Know it was simply
A beautiful good-bye

No pretty ribbon, no neatly tied bow
No hint of parting; how was I to know
As you gave it to me with a tear in your eye
That it was going to be
A beautiful good-bye

I did not see through its beautiful disguise
Beautiful love song; beautiful eyes
Beautiful moment of beautiful sighs
Prelude to the torment
Of beautiful good-byes…

Janet Martin

2 comments:

  1. Hi Janet - I haven't been here for a while. Now I see you've given your blog a different look. It's beautiful!

    As is this poem. I feels like a song. You, or some musical friend might try setting it to music?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Violet,

    Nice to hear from you! Doubly nice because now I have a link to your blog again:) I was looking for it one day and could not find it!

    You have given me an idea! I am in a Writer's Group in Drayton and we are blessed to have a talented musician in our numbers. He surprised me by setting music to a poem I wrote last year and gifted it to me on a cd! I would love to see what he could do with this...it was actually sort of 'hummed' as I wrote it but I do not consider myself a Composer...they all sound like funeral marches:)

    Thank-you again~

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!