Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Morning Prayer...(roused by morning/mercy's riveting flare)


 Our heart's deep worship is wordless! 
but sometimes we try to find font to fit, 
though a stuttering shadow, to tell of its wonder!

Wake within my worship, wonder
Transfixed by Hope’s Covenant
Where without it, fear would thunder
Like an avalanche, hell-bent

Stir, through Thy Word, faith’s endurance
*Until sight annuls its need
Startle weariness with nuance
Of new morning’s mercy-deed

Fire desire with longing
For that which earth cannot grant
Keep my idle mind from wanting
That which would Thy love supplant  

Keep my feet and eyes from wand’ring
Where Distraction wields its vice
Lord, help me make Time my off’ring
Through love’s Living Sacrifice

Teach me, as I reach to others
How to make my love like yours
Where we, all sisters and brothers
Need the Hope Thy grace secures

© Janet Martin

 Yesterday, as we gazed at my friend's dad lying in death's repose
we couldn't help but wonder what his last breath's Sight revealed!

Hymn by Margaret Mackay...Asleep in Jesus
  1. Asleep in Jesus! Blessed sleep,
    From which none ever wakes to weep;
    A calm and undisturbed repose,
    Unbroken by the last of foes.
  2. Asleep in Jesus! Oh, how sweet,
    To be for such a slumber meet,
    With holy confidence to sing
    That death has lost his venomed sting
  3. Asleep in Jesus! Peaceful rest,
    Whose waking is supremely blest;
    No fear, no woe, shall dim that hour
    That manifests the Savior’s pow’r.
  4. Asleep in Jesus! Oh, for me
    May such a blessed refuge be!
    Securely shall my ashes lie,
    And wait the summons from on high
  5. Asleep in Jesus! Far from thee
    Thy kindred and their graves may be;
    But there is still a blessed sleep,
    From which none ever wakes to weep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!