Monday, October 29, 2018

We Are Able (through the Rock of Ages)


One of my favourite flee-to 'comfort and hope' hymns...


For we, who seem to be a people perched precariously
Upon these Times and Places filled with Great Uncertainty
It leaves us humbly grateful that in all life’s push and shove
We know that We Are Able through a Father’s faithful love

For we who oft relinquish understanding for meek trust
Where live-laugh-love-weep-pray is but the glove of dust to dust
Know all the answers of this world are but verbose regale
Without the promises of God that can and will not fail

For we, who flee on bended knee before a Father’s throne
And place upon the altar of His grace, each stepping stone
It leaves us humbly grateful that in all we cannot see
God’s love so kind and faithful never forsakes you and me

For we who bear a Living Soul beneath this dying skin
God sent His Son so everyone can access Hope through Him
Then, though the Unknown gapes before us to and through the grave
We know that We Are Able through God’s Love, mighty to save  


© Janet Martin

 For this reason, even though I suffer as I do, I am not ashamed;
for I know whom I have believed, and I am convinced that He is able 
to guard what I have entrusted to Him for that day.
 Hold on to the pattern of sound teaching you have heard from me, 
with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus. 
Guard the good treasure entrusted to you, 
with the help of the Holy Spirit who dwells in us. 
2 Tim.1:12-14





Now this is what the LORD says—
He who created you, O Jacob,
and He who formed you, O Israel:
 “Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;
 I have called you by your name;
you are Mine!
When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
and when you go through the rivers,
they will not overwhelm you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be scorched,
and the flames will not set you ablaze.
For I am the LORD your God,
the Holy One of Israel,
your Savior;
Isa.43:1-3


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!