Friday, October 5, 2018

A Long Poem of Pictures...



“It’s like falling through a poem” I said to myself
As we walked the cobblestone streets of Old Quebec...


…to the clippety-clop of horses hooves

 But this is not your average poem; 
it moves...
Adding places...

And people

 Colorful clapboard cottages

A church steeple

 Lighthouses

 Cruise ships

 Shops

 Harbours
 Piers

and homesteads...
 ....reminiscent 

 of yester-years


 Cloud capped coves...

 Beaches and bays

Farmland 
 Fishing boats

Flower fields


Quays
Villages, 
 Vistas with Vineyard and tree 
And ever the rolling, 
 riveting 

 rhythm

 Of the vast, blue sea

© Janet Martin

2 comments:

  1. Oh what a beautiful picturesque peek at your vacation. I loved these photos and I loved your poem. Thanks, Janet and welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you! it was so fun but feels good to be back! my home-sweet-home poem is still coming;-)

      Delete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!