Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Who Am I? Just a Girl... Answering the question at Dverse today



 
Dipping my toes into the Dverse pool...

Today's prompt: I am who I am but tomorrow, who know?

For today’s Quadrille (a poem of 44 words: no more, no less – not including the title), create a self-portrait.  Perhaps it will be a snapshot of you in some moment of time. Or a taste of your tastes. Or a glimpse into the conglomeration of you — are we perhaps the ultimate nesting doll? Many of us post photos or images with our poems so in this instance, it could be a recent photo; a photo taken in your sepia days; a picture of something you cherish that in essence tells us who you are; an abstract drawing or a flower or animal or color that you ascribe to yourself. Try to make the image complementary to your words.
So, think about it for awhile. Who are you? No one word to include in this prompt….just asking you to create some type of self portrait that you’re comfortable sharing. Let your words be your palette and make broad or fine brush strokes as you wish. You’re the artist here!

Here is a taste of my tastes...



Just a girl who loves to think
Addicted to ink
Night-owl and
Early riser
Troubadour

Merchant of moments
Awed by God
Rhymer of reason and season-song
Tea-drinker, only if there is no coffee
In love with life and the Author of it
Never bored


21 comments:

  1. This is so creative; I love your approach! "Merchant of moments" is my favorite. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "In love with life and the Author of it" such a beautiful sentence full of light...a fantastic acrostic :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You in a near-perfect rhyme! It's about time we knew more of the true Janet Ruth! This is a wonderful glimpse of you! Everything I've gathered so far! Well done, Lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Walt, friend and fellow word-warrior:) thank-you.

      Delete

  4. "In love with life and the author of it!" We are kindred spirits - tis the choices we make! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my heart skipped a beat at this 'we are kindred spirits' because originally that line was written 'in love with life and Anne of Green Gables' but that seemed to not quite express the fullness of my love (though we are kindred spirits), so I changed it!

      thank-you Lillian, a definite kindred spirit!

      Delete
  5. Merchant of moments, very unique Janet. I love the idea of using the letter of your name to introduce yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a wonderful and apt self-portrait. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So clever, using an acrostic for this prompt. Addicted to in and awed by God. Love it. Beautiful photo, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like this take on the prompt. Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Tea drinker, only if there is no coffee" - great line! That would be me to!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so clever but so full of you. I love this! Another kindred spirit here!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great idea to use an acrostic poem. You took advantage of every word of the quadrille to introduce yourself. Must be difficult being a night owl who rises early...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I'll admit it has its challenges! and sometimes one end has to give a little to let the other survive!

      Delete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!