Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Ready For Then

In the past month and a bit, Death has reminded me of its nearness like never before!
My neighbor's elderly dad sits in his easy-chair waiting for her to come and pick him up to go out for groceries.
Instead Death comes and whisks him away...
My husband's co-worker's son dies (age 38) in the middle of a conversation; brain aneurysm
My sister-in-law's mother; (age 74)cancer returns and death visits four weeks after diagnosis.
My cousin's wife, a mother and new gramma (mid-forties) drowns.
I return home from her funeral yesterday, walk into the house, my daughter hands me the phone and my neighbor-friend tells me her friend just passed away (age 30-ish) due to complications from pneumonia...
On Fri. night my parent's friend, a seemingly healthy 74 year old man who just returned home from a wedding (he was the minister who performed the marriage ceremony) dies suddenly from a massive stroke.

How much we should treasure moments with loved ones.
 Take a lesson from the birds maybe?


Moments don’t sleep
They turn to days and weeks
Months into years
…and then, comes Death
In one half-breath
A lifetime disappears

Ah, talk is cheap
No one can keep
The hand of time at bay
And none knows when
Death’s final Then
Will seal life’s breath away

This little lot
Of lilting jot
Before forevermore
Is like a hill
Of days until
Death bares An Awesome Door

Moments don’t sleep
No one can keep
Death from this breath of sod
This is the day
The Lord has made
To ready us for God

© Janet Martin

 "Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come.
Matt.24:42

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that is unreal!
    Beautiful photos...and words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it has me wondering, who/what next?!

      Ah, those birds just made my day this morning, which reminds me their pool needs a refill! I did take a lesson from the birds and we went to the pol today:)

      Delete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!