Monday, January 2, 2012

Life's Afterglow


When I shall lay me down to sleep
Forever in earth’s clutch
And all that you have left to keep
Are memories to touch
I pray that in a little while
Your tears will cease to flow
And thoughts of me will make you smile
In my life’s after-glow

Grief has a season; we must weep
And tears must have their place
But Time will heal your tender-deep
And in its soft embrace
Should thoughts of me return sometimes
Upon life’s ebb and flow
I pray that it will be a kind
And joyful after-glow

When I shall lay me down to sleep
Oh, do not weep too long
For grief is not a thing to keep
And love will make you strong
Then, in the quiet of your heart
I pray that you will know
The beauty of love’s finest art
Caught in life’s afterglow

Janet~

Linked to:http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/

7 comments:

  1. great seeing this up at Real Toads today - particularly liked - "Oh, do not weep too long
    For grief is not a thing to keep
    And love will make you strong
    Then, in the quiet of your heart
    I pray that you will know
    The beauty of love’s finest art
    Caught in life’s afterglow" - great rhyming throughout

    http://ostensible-truth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful wish for the one who has been left behind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really beautiful andleaves one feeling uplifted. Such wisdom here - and your meter and rhythm are perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sherry, Your first comment did come through;)) Thank-you so much for your up-lifting words!

    Mary, you know I thank you:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OT, I so appreciate your kind encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahh, the subtle rhymes in this make it flow so nicely-- like an afterglow, i guess :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. hopefully, your friend will return.
    lovely departure captured.

    happy new year.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!