Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Peace


If all that ever was or is
Resides in His control
There is no need to worry then
But simply to console
My troubled heart with promises
Spoken by He whose pen
Writes messages upon the stars
And on the hearts of men

He paints the whisper of the dawn
In mercy’s perfect art
And in the heavens He has drawn
Our gaze to view His heart
The skies declare His glory bold
Then how much more shall we
Just as He is in days of old
He evermore shall be

If all that is or ever was
Has passed His tender gaze
There is no need to worry then
About life’s tangled maze
As surely as He holds the sun
And moon in his command
He holds the unknown of each one
In love’s most gracious Hand

Janet Martin

3 comments:

  1. I loved the gentle pace and the sentiment of this.

    Happy New Year,
    Buddah Moskowitz

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite lines:

    He paints the whisper of the dawn
    In mercy’s perfect art
    And in the heavens He has drawn
    Our gaze to view His heart

    Truly, these lines sound as if they could be on a greeting card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank-you Mary and Buddah,
    This one literally fell out of the sky. I was marveling at the new beauty which greets every dawn, and it struck me suddenly that if He can do this then most surely He holds my unknown in loving and caring hands.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!