Tuesday, October 1, 2024

Yea, Though I Walk Through the Valley...A Prayer

 

I received the postcard below in the mail last week,
Painted by my friend 


this was yesterday's devotion...


Every day I am comforted by visits, messages, phone calls, 
scripture, cards, meals, food-gifts, flowers, songs and prayers
Thank-you all so very much!
As, through each kindness I learn
God's faithfulness at every turn


On Sunday, as I gazed at this view at my friend's home...


...I felt the presence of this verse...
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: 
he leadeth me beside the still waters.
Ps.23:2


Dear Lord, supply my need today
To trust Your will, Your Word, Your Way
To love Your law then, to obey
In Jesus precious Name, I pray

Your rod and staff, they comfort Me
Your armour thwarts the enemy
Though dark the passage through death’s vale
The Light of Your Word will not fail

Dear Lord, in Thee I put my trust
Until my frame returns to dust
Help me to be faithful and true
Until my soul returns to You

I love you Lord, let nothing mar
My confidence in who You are
Through every gasp of grief and pain
Your perfect purpose will sustain

Your goodness and mercy abide
Save me from doubt's rebellious pride
Your thoughts reach far beyond my ken
In Jesus' name I pray, Amen


© Janet Martin

Psalm 23:1
The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.


Philippians 4:19
And my God will supply all your needs
 according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus.

Sharing the link to  two stunning
and new for me songs sent to me this morning...

What a Broken Heart Can Do-Brian Free & Assurance 


I can almost here Lucy exclaiming over the songs!!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Janet; may you continue to cast your pain into the ready hands of our Saviour; may you find peace as you rest in the arms of our Gentle Shepherd. Much love to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 thank-you so much. seems today, the two week mark, is bringing a fresh wave of grief. prayers are deeply cherished!

      Delete
  2. So beautiful and needful Janet. God keeps reminding me to just 'do the next thing' as that's all He will give me the strength to do. I love how He carries and cradles us in these times. Lifting you up to the only One who knows the depth of the sorrow that you are passing through... Love you friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 thank-you, thank-you for your encouragement and love!!

      Delete

I hope you enjoyed your pause on this porch and thank-you for your visit!