Wednesday, October 23, 2024

Momentous Memento

I helped to clean out Lucy's gardens yesterday...

(photos shared by permission)

While we collected flower seeds...


...picked her pears (how she loved these beauties!!)


 ...sailed through the air on swings


While they (her grandchildren) pulled my hands, eager to live, laugh and love
While they called "come and see' 


...while my heart almost collapsed within me



 I suddenly sensed in the tear-drenched dirt of hurt,
the innocent planting of seeds of Hope and Joy

Dear Lucy...

there are moments, grief numbs the part that ought to smart and sting
then, like a wave it comes; the heart wails like a wounded Thing
and there are times despair could haunt love's solemn sacrifice
and almost I am tempted to want love without its price

and, there are moments I feel stripped of all I once knew well
then without warning I am gripped with the sense of a Bell
still tolling, 'neath a Hand bestowing midst bereavement, bliss
of life still overflowing with Hand to Hold, Cheek to Kiss

then, although there are moments when grief deals a crushing blow
and longing reels as echoes peal from scenes I/we cherish/ed so
then, even when it feels like grief  grants love's mean reckoning 
I sense the turning of a leaf, tearstained, but beckoning 

there are moments I could not bear, but what love cannot lose
though every dream and wish and prayer has lost its dancing shoes
there are moments that steal my breath; joy and grief intertwined
in memories that feel like death left much of you behind

Janet 💔💞

there are moments that steal my breath; joy and grief intertwined
in memories that feel like death left much of you behind





Psalm 145: 13-14&17-20
The Lord is trustworthy in all he promises
    and faithful in all he does.[c]
14 The Lord upholds all who fall
    and lifts up all who are bowed down....

...The Lord is righteous in all his ways
    and faithful in all he does.
18 The Lord is near to all who call on him,
    to all who call on him in truth.
19 He fulfills the desires of those who fear him;
    he hears their cry and saves them.
20 The Lord watches over all who love him,...











4 comments:

  1. That's beautiful Janet♥️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brought tears to my eyes. Sending hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, Alexis, thank-you so much! with the love and kindness of caring friends and family, by the grace of an ever-faithful God, we will get through this! hugs to you too<3

      Delete

I hope you enjoyed your pause on this porch and thank-you for your visit!