Saturday, September 28, 2024

This Life Goes On, And Must...

Ps.34:1-5 BSB

I will bless the LORD at all times;
His praise will always be on my lips.
My soul boasts in the LORD;
let the oppressed hear and rejoice.
Magnify the LORD with me;
let us exalt His name together.
I sought the LORD, and He answered me;
He delivered me from all my fears.
Those who look to Him are radiant with joy,
their faces shall never be ashamed...

I told my daughter I'm beginning to understand
when people who lost a loved one would say
 it feels cruel to resume The Ordinary,
and yet, we must
because life goes on

It is Harvest Season...






This life goes on, and must
The common call of Task
Compels our frames of dust-to-dust
God helps us, if we ask

His faultless sympathy
Will strengthen and sustain
His promises, the hope of we
Who suffer grief and pain

His all-sufficient grace
And love will never fail
Until the final resting place
Of this tent of travail

What sweet assurance pours
God’s blessings never cease
Goodness and mercy’s fount restores
The soul to perfect peace

…where loss precedes a Gain
Faith secures in Belief
Parting tears flow, but not in vain
Hope reigns in spite of grief

This life goes on and must
What we need God provides
And so in him we place our trust
His changeless love abides

Janet Martin

 








No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoyed your pause on this porch and thank-you for your visit!