Monday, September 16, 2024

A Divine Work of Art


Sooner or later, one way or another we will all shoulder cares and face challenges!
What a comfort to know, One goes before us, even as He is with us!


Ps. 34:7-10 (read the whole glorious chapter HERE)

The [a]angel of the Lord encamps all around those who fear Him,
And delivers them.
Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good;
Blessed is the man who trusts in Him!
9Oh, fear the Lord, you His saints!
There is no [b]want to those who fear Him.
10The young lions lack and suffer hunger;
But those who seek the Lord shall not lack any good thing.

Ps.139:1-6 (Read the whole wonderful chapter HERE)

O Lord, You have searched me and known me.
2You know my sitting down and my rising up;
You understand my thought afar off.
3You [a]comprehend my path and my lying down,
And are acquainted with all my ways.
4For there is not a word on my tongue,
But behold, O Lord, You know it altogether.
5You have [b]hedged me behind and before,
And laid Your hand upon me.
6Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
It is high, I cannot attain it


I wonder what this poem would have turned into if I had been able to finish it on Friday
Before Duty beauty hailed...


On Saturday morning I added another few stanzas
 after prepping some food for a family reunion,
before we left...

Hello, on this Monday morning,
on this beginning of
who-knows-but-One-what
this-week-holds🙏

This morning after dropping Jim off at his work
 while waiting for a little country store to open
so I could get supplies for today's tomato canning
I had a few extra minutes to delight in
September scenery!






Dawn blushes on the east
A divine work of art
God’s renewed mercy spreads a feast
To keep faith strong in heart

The veil of night is torn
Daylight, a beaming bloom
That breaks star-studded bud with morn
Where rose and thorn resume

…where faith fights foes of fear
Where tears and laughter meld
To mold echo-mementos dear
From moments briefly held

Dawn’s lease of highs and lows
And all points in between
Soon succumbs to dusk’s curtain-close
And worlds of What Has Been

Before night draws its shade
Across the glade and glen
Let’s take this day the Lord has made
To Honor Him, Amen

Let's partake of the feast
God's rich mercies provide
Behold, dawn blushes on the east
Faith, hope and love abide

...a divine work of art 
From He who grants enough
To fit us to do our part
To live a life of love 

© Janet Martin

Dawn’s lease of highs and lows
And all points in between
Soon succumbs to dusk’s curtain-close
And worlds of What Has Been...







No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoyed your pause on this porch and thank-you for your visit!