Wednesday, September 18, 2024

Sorrowful Blog Break

Dear readers, near and far 💔🙏
I will be away from this blog for a bit.
Last evening my dearly beloved, sweet sister Lucy 
was struck and killed while riding her bike,
two and a half weeks before their son's wedding.
 Needless to say we are heartbroken.
Please pray for her immediate family 
and all of her family and many, many friends!
She lived to love and nurture and I know if I could ask her 
what she would like me to say it would be this.
If you have not already done so, 
put your faith in Jesus, 
then live each day as a gift of love, 
to shine for Him!

Dearest Lucy,
 how could I know when I wrote this poem in March
on your birthday, the meaning it would take
What a beautiful legacy you leave
 for all who knew and loved you
to treasure
 forever 

Gift of Today


photo below, Lucy is the sister on the right
me in the middle and my youngest sister on the left
Taken on her 55th birthday, Mar.27, 2024

Our sister-circle is broken, but only for now...



1 Thess.4:13-18

Brothers, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death,
c so that you will not grieve like the rest, who are without hope.
14For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again,
 we also believe that God will bring with Jesus
 those who have fallen asleep in Him.
For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, 
that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord 
will by no means precede those who are [d]asleep. 
16For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, 
with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. 
And the dead in Christ will rise first. 
17Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together 
with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. 
And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 
18Therefore comfort one another with these words.

Ps.23
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures:
 he leadeth me beside the still waters.
3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, 
I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; 
thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: 
thou anointest my head with oil; 
my cup runneth over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life:
 and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.


Love isn’t perfect, but, oh it is precious
Each opportunity broken like bread
Tasted and savored, bitter and delicious
Aware that love's sorrow is joy’s sacred dread
Then love while you may, giving each day your all
For we never know when our Lord will call

Janet 🙏

 


2 comments:

  1. Janet, I felt ill at heart to read your sad, sad news this morning. It hardly bears thinking. Your dear family. Lucy was such a special blogging friend for years, and I loved staying in touch with her on Facebook. It took me a while to realize you two were sisters. Please know I'm thinking of you and your family at this time, asking the Lord for his sustaining grace through these days ahead. Big heart hugs, love from Brenda xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh Brenda, she loved so many and was loved by so many. It is a great loss! Thank-you SO much for your kind words and prayers. She LOVED and shared your love for beauty! Thank-you agan!

      Delete

I hope you enjoyed your pause on this porch and thank-you for your visit!