Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Rain Rhapsody

 

I was going to mow lawn this afternoon but
it began to rain...h-m-m. What to do?!!
Some rare extra-poem time, maybe?
to celebrate what we have been watching/praying for
in the weather forecast for weeks!!!


Thank-you, gracious Heavenly Father!


This afternoon the rain plays like a piano and violin-serenade

I like the rain
The way the lane
Is dappled with its drops
The way its runnels slip and drip
And run and plip and plop

I like the way it puddles in
The double-chins of earth
And how we sense
In nature’s thirst quencher
Immense rebirth

I like the glimmer on the grass
The shimmer of a sheaf
Forlorn, before
The splish and splash
Restored the drooping leaf

I like the swooshing sound, that hisses
Beneath traffic rush
The stinging pelt,
The velvet kisses
Whisp’ring hush, hush, hush

I like the rain
Silver-note strains
That lilt and laugh and glide
And wash the world
With hymns unfurled
On town and countryside

...and when they halt
I like the way earth's vault,
is filled with praise
Of feathered throng song exalting
The kind Creator's ways 

© Janet Martin

Imagine if God didn't send rain until all people who have sinned against Him repent?!

From 1 Kings 8:35-36 (From Solomon's prayer of dedication)

“When the heavens are shut up and there is no rain 
because your people have sinned against you, 
and when they pray toward this place and give praise to your name
 and turn from their sin because you have afflicted them, 
36 then hear from heaven and forgive the sin of your servants, your people Israel. 
Teach them the right way to live, 
and send rain on the land you gave your people for an inheritance.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!