Saturday, June 10, 2023

Awesome, Awesome Anchor

Yet this I call to mind
and therefore I have hope;
22 Because of the Lord’s great love 
we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
23 They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
24 I say to myself, 
“The Lord is my portion;
therefore I will wait for him.”

With renewed joy our eyes feast on the skies where this morning
the smoke haze has dissipated and we can see clouds!



Oh, the things we take for granted!



Lord, pray we never breeze over Thy bounty of blessings
that anchor the soul!

It crowns the cross of creature care with vision’s from above
It transforms Sense of Duty with the beauty of true love
It fuels faith and kindles prayer and makes our joy complete
It keeps eyes fixed upon a prize beyond time’s one-way street

It fits us with the armor that equips us for the fight
Into the darkest hour gleams its everlasting Light
From fear it gathers courage as it draws us from despair
To comforts us and cheers us in our trek from here to There

It conquers greed and fulfills need and helps love suffer long
It leads in paths of righteousness and feeds souls with its song
It awes us as we realize the cost God sacrificed
To keep us in His perfect peace; it is our hope, through Christ

© Janet Martin

Heb.6:18-20
Thus by two unchangeable things in which it is impossible for God to lie, 
we who have fled to take hold of the hope set before us may be strongly encouraged.
19We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. 
It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain, 
20where Jesus our forerunner has entered on our behalf. 
He has become a high priest forever in the order of Melchizedek.

 1 Peter 1:3 ~ 

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ!
 According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again 
to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.

Why art thou cast down, O my soul? 
and why art thou disquieted within me?
 hope in God: for I shall yet praise him, 
who is the health of my countenance, and my God.

And now, O Lord, for what do I wait? My hope is in You.

Rest in God alone, O my soul, for my hope comes from Him.







2 comments:

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!