Saturday, June 17, 2023

Apart from What God's Grace Bestows



While works do not save, it is a person's works that ultimately bears witness
 of whether or not we are attached to the Vine!
As the fruits of the Spirit begin to grow there should be a stark/marked difference
between the old life and the new...

Matt. 5:16
Let your light so shine before men, 
that they may see your good works
 and glorify your Father in heaven.


    



Apart from what God’s grace bestows, no boast have I to claim
Praise God; where judgement’s verdict rose in condemnation’s blame/shame
Grace did abound, through Jesus Christ, the hour I believed
By the Lamb that God sacrificed, full pardon I received

Shall I then sin where grace runs through and through me; God forbid
The new man in no way should do the things the old man did
For then I mock the sacredness where Jesus Christ’s shed blood
Clothes me in robes of righteousness, but by the grace of God

How can I, who have died to sin, live therein anymore
The miracle grace wrought within ends who I was before
Through salvation, the gift God gives, the sinner is set free
Henceforth it is not I who lives, but Christ who lives in me

Apart from what God’s grace bestows, dwells in me no good thing
Praise God from whom all blessing flows, for death has lost its sting
Because the old man, crucified, wears newness in its place
Where Jesus Christ is glorified through sinners saved by grace

© Janet Martin

Romans 6: 1-4
 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound?
 2 Certainly not! How shall we who died to sin live any longer in it? 
3 Or do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Christ Jesus
 were baptized into His death? 
 Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, 
that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, 
even so we also should walk in newness of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!