Friday, February 24, 2023

What Comfort in the Knowing



"They're really nice tomatoes, I admitted as I gaped at my garden in bafflement!
But I have never had tomatoes this early. It's spring and I just planted them!
I am just not prepared to can/preserve tomatoes yet!"
This was my dream this morning just before I woke up completely
😂😂😂

Suddenly I have refreshed appreciation and gratitude for 
the law and order of times and seasons!
No matter how eagerly we await spring,
imagine of we woke up this morning and our lawns needed mowing
(that was also part of my dream; as I looked around
I realized our lawn looked like a field!!
and I wondered how I missed it?!) 
What if we woke up, a child once more?!

Gen.8:22
“As long as the earth endures, 
seedtime and harvest, 
cold and heat, 
summer and winter, 
day and night will never cease.”

...none can withhold morning from the awning of daybreak

(it's been so long since we've had a sunrise that the place I was watching for the sun
to break over the horizon had shifted WAY over from the last time I saw it!)
I gasped as I gazed at the cross formation! Spectacular!


Here's to a Friday full of thankfulness

I’m thankful for the sequence of season-circuits and such
For nature’s law and order not swayed by impulsive touch
What comfort in the knowing that spring waits in winter’s wake
And none can withhold morning from the awning of daybreak
Or trick the bud that cradles flowers waiting to unfold
With rutabaga rather than petals of red or gold
And that the measure of a life moves forward tick by tock
And doesn’t trick us with high noon instead of five o clock

…that babies are born innocent, no matter where or who
And God’s goodness and mercy are not but for favored few
The earth and its fulness thereof and all who dwell therein
Belong to He whose name is love and saves us from our sin
I’m thankful, that midst so much unpredictability
So much, since the beginning is like it always will be
Regardless of the atheist’s emboldened disregard
No one can gloat or boast because of nights, quadrillion-starred

I’m thankful that we are not being constantly perplexed
By midweek weekends or never knowing which day is next
And everyone grows old and gray at threescore years or four
Rather than some who are returned to childhood’s grind/grant once more
I’m thankful that no matter what may change much stays the same
That we don’t wake to face a wild and cruel guessing game
But take comfort in knowing He who ordained nature’s ways
Of times and seasons keeps His Word until the end of days

What comfort in the knowing that for all who have believed
Heaven is worth the waiting for, beyond all we have grieved
That time and all its trouble is but like a bubble's scope
When compared to eternity with He who anchors hope
...and comforts those who mourn with promises to which we cling
Certain of their fulfillment as we are, waiting for spring
While giving thanks to He from whom all changeless order flows
In unerring precision and the comfort it bestows 

© Janet Martin


Or trick the bud that cradles flowers waiting to unfold
With rutabaga rather than petals of red or gold

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!