Saturday, February 18, 2023

For So Much Still To Do

On an icicle-brickle bedazzled morn
the heart is sweet and tenderly torn
between footloose fancies that sparkle and woo
And common cares 
of chores to do




I admired from the window then tackled work-to-do...


The muffins turned out well,
( I had one bite from the missing one to sample 
because I didn't use any particular recipe.
When I came back from cleaning the bathrooms to finish my 'sampling' 
 this is all that remained)


No, I don't have a pet, but I have a husband😂😅


but the cake flopped... 
(It boiled over in the oven and lost its oomph!!)


while rooms got dusted and floors got mopped


Now its off to market,
to market
to buy a fat jug
of laundry soap, (etc.)


then home again,
home again
luggedy-lug


...to do dishes and kitchen clean up
and decide what's for sup!!
(I'm craving roasted vegetables!)

***

Today's poem was inspired in part
 by yesterday and today's devotion in the book
My Utmost for His Highest
By Oswald Chambers


Arise and let us go, for there is much to do
Redemption, greater than our woe will see each mercy through

Though many times we slip when we fail His command
The armour of God will equip us for the day at hand

Make haste without delay to pray and then proceed
Committed to trust and obey as God supplies our need

For the harvest is great but its workers are few
Arise, before it is too late for so much still to do   

© Janet Martin




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!