Thursday, February 16, 2023

Law of Love


Romans 13:8-10
Owe no one anything except to love one another, 
for he who loves another has fulfilled the law. 
9 For the commandments,
 “You shall not commit adultery,” 
“You shall not murder,”
 “You shall not steal,” [a]
“You shall not bear false witness,”
 “You shall not covet,” 
and if there is any other commandment, 
are all summe
d up in this saying, namely,
 “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” 
10 Love does no harm to a neighbor;
 therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.


Romans 2:13
For it is not the hearers of the law who are righteous before God,
 but it is the doers of the law who will be declared righteous.

By the grace of God alone we are able to
keep love's law!

Love, sometimes sweet as chocolate-hearts...


But more often, a blood and tear stained cross...




The law of love
Amends the wrong
Befriends the poor
And suffers long
It bears all things
Defends the truth
Rebukes the sin
With kind reproof

It cautions thought
Soon turned to deed
And weighs quick want
With humble need
It tests the root
‘ere seeds are sown
For by the fruit
The tree is known

It does not boast
It is not proud
A gentle host
Not vain or loud
It does not start
Feuds and debates
But, with meek heart
It prays and waits

...and does not seek
What crowds applaud
But helps the weak
And honors God
Whose law is love
Whose love will be
The living proof
Of 'Christ in me'  

© Janet Martin

Gal.2:20
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live,
 but Christ lives in me. 
The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, 
who loved me and gave himself for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!