Wednesday, February 15, 2023

A 'Sweet Love' Song


  Happy Day-After-Valentine's Day

This poem was started on Monday
then, although I got up at six and went to bed at almost midnight
I did not get an opportunity to finish it on Valentine's Day
(as planned/hoped for on Monday!)


However, it was a day full of love,
 first childcare (including heart-puppet-creating and puppet-shows)




some eager helping...


...then going to look after my grandchildren in the evening
so their parents could have an extremely rare night out!


(photo above sent as a Happy Valentine's Day greeting yesterday morning courtesy of their mom)

Jim and I talked a few times yesterday but never about Valentine's Day!
When I got home last night I found this little reminder 
that he remembered, on my side of the bed.
(A bathrobe belt and leather belt heart😆💕😘)


He passed through the house while I was gone, 
for supper, a shower and fresh food and laundry supplies for the road. 
(all packed and ready to go because that's how we've done it for almost 35 years)
It's not fancy, but it works.

 

(we've lived both these songs💕)

When we starting keeping score in marriage we are headed for disaster, right?!



Below, a sacred 'salute' to love!

💝

You teach me how to dance and sing,
To fall, to feast on tears
You preach from pulpits shimmering
With verge of yesteryears
You hold me close and charm me
With the friendship of hello
And with kisses disarm me
While I learn how to let go

You startle me with happiness
Too fragile for ink-font
From heart-shaped aftermath you press
Wisdom mingled with want
You haunt me with a presence
Half stranger, half family
And taunt me with an essence
Of familiarity

You make life worth the living
While accumulating scars
Where lessons of forgiving
Hone heart-shores with salty stars
You help me survive seasons
(not winter-spring-summer-fall)
By losing count of reasons
For the wonder of it all

You make sacred, the laughter
With sorrow for what is not
And drain to ever-after
Sparkles touched but never caught
You keep me humbly greedy
For more of Never Enough
Of learning to be needy
When it comes to you, sweet love

You tune me to the Giver
Of each good and perfect Gift
To Him, glory forever
His love does not wane or shift
But grants to every hour
Mercy; kind, longsuffering
For He is love; his power
Teaches me to dance and sing

© Janet Martin


1 Cor.13:13
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love.
 But the greatest of these is love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!