Saturday, January 14, 2023

Ode to a Sunrise


It must be memorialized;
the first sunrise of 2023!!





gold floods the waking world
welkin wealth spills and swells
like a glimpse of heaven unfurled
to crown earth’s hills and dells

a fervent friendliness
kindles ageless romance
hope dons the humble happiness
that bids the heart to dance

as morning laughs and sings
and makes us feel so fine
creating castles fit for kings
with glorious sunshine

...the fog-sullen rampart
dissolves; earth held at bay
Is unveiled like a work of art
Entitled Sunny Day

...a vaulted coffer tips
a dazzling surf of stars
across dawn's common ground that drips
from the Artist's paint jars

© Janet Martin


Sing unto him, sing psalms unto him: 
talk ye of all his wondrous works.


Psalm 96:1
Sing to the LORD a new song; 
sing to the LORD, all the earth.


Psalm 143:5
I remember the days of old; 
I meditate on all Your works; 
I consider the work of Your hands.

The Lord is righteous in all His ways,
Gracious in all His works.

One of my favorite hymns by one of my favorite artists!!
Thankyou David Wesley!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!