Thursday, January 19, 2023

Earth's Beginning of Heaven's Eternity


Every so often I love to crank up this song...
it brings a sense of Heaven to earth!

Worship: Earth's beginning to Heaven's Eternity

I Love You Lord



I want to want not anything, save that which teaches me
To sing devotion’s worship hymn with true humility
Lest selfishness and pride take root and vanity applauds
I want to guard against choice fruit offered to lesser gods

How easily a thought can stray from where it ought to be
Fixed on faith’s Confidante and Stay secured at Calvary
To jars of clay, refined through care, hope’s priceless treasure spills
Nothing in this world can compare to what God’s light instills

For what have I of worth to bring save what is given me
To tune devotion’s offering with awed sincerity
To lift a gift of sober joy like a most valued gem
To He who alone doth destroy the shackles that condemn

Oh, help me when I falter Lord, to walk by faith not sight
To lean upon your faultless word to guide my thought aright
For what we have in common ought to gentle fellowmen
Thy sure and sacred summons to Soul’s everlasting Then

Lord, you know all the secrets of each thoughts and heart in full
Help us not to forget to who we are accountable
And live, not for the praise of man but with humility
Begin, in every way we can, worship’s eternity

© Janet Martin

Create in me a clean heart, O God; 
and renew a right spirit within me.
Psalm 51:10







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!