Sunday, January 1, 2023

A New Year Revolution


Happy New Year!

Below is an image of a card that my grandparents received in/around 1937.


This book from 1949 is a vault of timeless wisdom-treasure!

Here is today's meditation/blessing/wish,
as relevant today as it was then.


(Don't you love how, as time passes still
life's best and true things are timeless?!)

Come, where a new year hoists a trove
Of hopes that we maintain
Where the best we can do for love
Is love and love again

Rather than lob slight’s stinging stone
Where we all slip and err
Come, let us help each other on
This God-ward thoroughfare

For all that fuels fret-and-fuss
This precious truth abides
Goodness and mercy follow us
All the days of our lives

Then come, where the old is made new
Where endings turn to starts
Where pray, once more we resolve to
Gladden fellowmen’s hearts

© Janet Martin

Psalm 23:6
Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, 
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!