Thursday, January 5, 2023

A Few of the Reasons Why I Love You

Happy 6th Birthday, Grandson!


Yesterday marked six years since Jim and I became grandparents!
(yes, the hockey game was on during the celebration!)😅

When I was a little girl the high-light of turning six
was the dearly anticipated mommy-box 
(mommy pronounced with a short 'e' at the end:
    the word for 'gramma' in Pennsylvania-Dutch) 
I decided to surprise Grand-sonny and start the tradition too.
Now his sister will have the joy of the anticipation! 
A momme-box consists of a calendar-picture-pasted box
(like a shoe-box)
filled with treasures hidden in popcorn!




The inside also holds nuggets of wisdom and treasures from God's Word!
(bigger version of writing at the bottom of this post)



Sister was DELIGHTED... a treasure with her name on it💝


Baby Brother had no idea what was going on but it sounded fun so he joined in the joy too😘


I love you little lambkin with a sparkle in your eye
Or tell me, did a cherub softly flutter from the sky
To burst our hearts with happiness and remind us once more
As long as there are babies, life is worth the living for

I love you little tot with crinkled, freckle-sprinkled nose
As curious as a puppy and as pretty as a rose
A perfect blend of innocence with mischief woven through
To remind us, where there are tots, there’s lots of laughter (and hair-pulling groans) too

I love you little girl and boy eager to learn to fly
You startle love’s parental joy with discipline’s oh-my
Teaching mommy and daddy to talk to God every day
(Because)
As long as there are children there will be reason to pray

© Janet Martin


Below are a few pictures of my momme-box
(Long time readers of this blog have seen it before but not for a while)
received on June 7th, 1972
With a few treasures that came in it...





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!