Friday, April 22, 2022

I Love April After The Snow...








I love April, after the snow when the cusp of creation gleams
With winter’s sepia afterglow off-set by heav’n’s cerulean streams

I love its days, One-of-a-kind, when April like a clean-scrubbed lad
Shivers in a ruffian wind with no towel, waiting to be clad

I love the way sun-rays uncurl quadrillion clenched fists of bud-looms
Before its affections unfurl a gorgeous wonder-world of blooms

I love its sense of imminence; the calm before the blossom storm
The poise of earth’s pure innocence before green grandeur clothes its form

I love the fleecy clouds, like lambs romping upon a sapphire hill
The way its rainy days drench lands with promises God will fulfill

I love the stage before the show, of expectation’s eager eyes
I love April after the snow before creation’s curtain-rise

© Janet Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!