Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Yet...


 Have you noticed
...how much earlier Day is turning in?!
But, it isn't time to say farewell to summer...yet.
Isn't 'yet' one of the most happy-sad words in the English vocabulary?!
(depending on what it is hinged to)
It suggests there is still more to come!

 I have not had my second coffee...yet



“Isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... yet?”
L.M. Montgomery


I can’t bear the thought of it…yet
The way Past keeps moving in
Mapping moments, happy, haunting
To primed canvases of skin

I can’t think about farewell…yet
The way Time tugs at the heart
Twisting touch and taste to echoes
Where soon three seasons apart

...summer will be heaped and gathered
Death, a leafless silhouette
Etched upon the early twilight
I can’t think about it…yet

© Janet Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!