Monday, May 8, 2017

Hope in God's Forgiving Love







Oh God, those things we think we need
But course of consequence withholds
Though often bowed with grief we plead
As aftermath of choice unfolds

Oh God, the rod of consequence
Though justified, and fully earned
Depends on mercy’s Providence
To meekly bear its lessons learned

Pride goes before destruction, oh
And haughtiness precedes a fall
Oh God, still, by your grace we go
Obedient to servant's call

Forgiveness redeems us from sin
But consequence of it remains
To teach this sorrow-skiff of skin
How faithfully our God sustains

© Janet Martin

 Out of the depths I have cried to You, O LORD.

      Lord, hear my voice!
            Let Your ears be attentive
            To the voice of my supplications.
      If You, LORD, should mark iniquities,
            O Lord, who could stand?
      But there is forgiveness with You,
            That You may be feared.
      I wait for the LORD, my soul does wait,
            And in His word do I hope.

Psalm 130:1-5

1 comment:

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!