Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Soul-song



Before we know it yesterday's tomorrow will be yesterday and its unknowns will be known!


The trumpet of Today splays gold with Unknown’s olden ways
Where morrow-lands deftly unfold to worlds of yesterdays

The heart is like a phantom glove that fills with letting go
Time’s tempest spills a two-fold love that thrills and pains us so

For, to love is to learn full-force the bittersweet alloy
How sorrow summoned at its source is the harvest of joy

The eye of Want is like a tomb where gloom and hunger live
But happiness is like a bloom that flowers as we give

The spoil of toil is trouble, sure as the spark upward flies
And Time is like a bubble bobbing beneath boundless skies

One step and then another, love, is how we reach each goal
As surely as the touch of time siphons the skin from Soul

© Janet Martin


4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. :) Seems I sometimes drive myself crazy with constant contemplation, but this life is such an awesome and brief undertaking...

      Delete
    2. Hi Janet,

      Really enjoyed your musings today, and especially these two lines:

      'The spoil of toil is trouble, sure as the spark upward flies
      And Time is like a bubble bobbing beneath boundless skies'

      I've been doing a LOT of soul searching, myself, for the past few years, and continue to do so on a daily basis. I have learned to live in the present, for the past has no path and the future's is foggy.

      Poppy

      Delete
    3. Hi Poppy,(soul-mate:) I'm glad you understand and I agree! The present, as susceptible as it is to the winds of change is the ONLY place to dwell!

      Delete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!