Friday, June 10, 2016

Heart-Harbours...

It's been a week of family-friends-flowers-memories...
Who could ask for anything more?



Not in tomorrow
Or yesterday
Today is the day
Where memories are made

Moment by moment
With minuscule ease
Forever gathers
In memories

Who-what-where-when
Each tick of the clock
Slips to a vault
That no key can unlock

…save thought as it reaches
To touch what it sees
In pictures safe-harbored
In memories

© Janet Martin

Thank-you everyone, for a fabulous week whether it was a face-book message/greeting, a face-to-face visit/meeting, an e-mail, a card, phone-call, blog-posts, etc.
God bless you as you have blessed me!

p.s. If you wonder why I have a pic of the little guy I babysit digging, in among the celebrating its the memory attached to it that makes it cutely memorable...

"Janet, come quick" he calls excitedly so I 'come quick' and ask what for and he replies,
"I was digging and I dug up a bunch of golden ants and now they are running around like crazy! COOL!!"





4 comments:

  1. Awww, dear Janet! Happy birthday wishes :) I love the collage of your family & loved ones! Also, such a sweet moment captured with the little boy you babysit. Wanted you to know, this particular poem comes at a very meaningful time... we'll be going to the ocean for the first time (as a family) in just over a week. Sort of big deal for us as farmers & Ohioans! I am trying to live "in the moment" and treasure the experience... oh, the anticipation! Our time will be here and gone, but I hope & pray for many memories to store in my vault... and may you have many, many more!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Megan,

      Thank-you SO much. it's lovely to hear from you. I've been meaning to get in touch sometime to say 'hi' and you beat me to it:) thank-you. I hope you make many lifetime memories on your vacation. I think Ohioans going to the ocean is similiar to Ontarioans going to the ocean...something to talk about, for sure! 'Oh, the anticipation' is right!
      Thank-you for the B-day wishes. It was a week of lifetime memories, still in the making:)
      I'm not a very faithful face-booker but I'll stay tuned to see if I see any ocean pics eventually.
      Hugs

      Delete
  2. I'm late to the party--but happy birthday! Wishing you a most blessed year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jen, wishes for a blessed year are never late! thank-you my friend:)

      Delete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!