Friday, June 3, 2016

From Star-dust on a String



 June 3rd, 1988 Wedding Day

In the Mennonite culture we grew up in the bride wears pale blue.
This past Christmas is the most recent picture I have of the two of us now...


I suppose
None of us are
The same person we were
Twenty-eight years before
Life and love
Left their quiet proof
And reproof
On our brows
And in our hearts
As we grew together
Or apart
While Time drew its art
On our skin
In our eyes
With surprising
Haste
And we realize
We have no Time to waste,
For who knows how far
We have left, my dear
With who we are
From who we were
Where ‘my, how far
We have come’
Above
Those star-struck days
Of
Young,
In love
Where the love we choose
Is a sturdy, weathered Thing
Compared to
Newly-weds
Holding
Star-dust on a string

© Janet Martin

 

 Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."
Matt.19:26

Anniversaries don't happen because keeping vows is easy, but because it is right.
That is what makes anniversaries most special.

Sometimes when I read marriage advice I am filled with great despair at my/our failures rather than remembering the joy of our successes. 
That is why I like this poem here so much!
Here are a few good marriage/family tips from a teeny book I found years ago...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!