Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Then I Remember Who God IS...



 
When fear would rival to endear its coldness in my breast
Then I remember who God IS; He lays my fears to rest

  
For He who holds earth’s elements and unfolds heaven’s scrim
Can never be usurped; demons flee at the thought of Him


Oh God, our God, who clothes the heath; beneath Thy tender care
Though armies of rebellion seethe, yet we will not despair


You shake the lake with thunder and strake galaxies with stars
You wake a holy hunger as we wonder Who You are


Who tends un-uttered groaning; lavishes this blue-dot globe
And bends from darkness morning light with fragments of Your robe



Oh God, our God, You walk upon a scaffolding of air
Above, beneath, without, within, Your Presence, God, is there


Then, should fear rival to endear its nearness in my thought
What peace to know that You are here to intercede, oh God

© Janet Martin


 O Lord my God, You are very great:
You are clothed with honor and majesty,

Ps. 104:1 

(to be re-reminded of Who God is,
follow this link)

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. thank-you Linda, with so much worrisome news I soon turned the radio off and opened the Word that never changes. Psalms 104 seemed like a God-send, literally, today!

      Delete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!