Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Take the Time to Take the Time (with the best this world offers)

  

My son suggested to me this morning that he thinks I would love this song;
I do:)
Aren't three-year-olds the best?! aren't all children the best thing in the world?!
It makes us reconsider how much time we are taking with them, huh?
I came across this video from the summer while looking for a photo this morning... 
 
The little guy I babysit just turned three. 
Yesterday he began one of his 'chatters' with,
 'Janet, did you know, when I was a li'l kid...'
(I have to confess I don't remember what came after that because of the laughter;-0)

We tend to think we're leading them
And teaching them what they should learn
But often as we look back we
See how much they teach in return

We should take time to take the time
To learn from them all that we can
...while innocence that learns from us
Becomes tomorrow's woman-man

 Janet Martin



Train up a child in the way he should go,
And when he is old he will not depart from it.

Proverbs 22:6 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!