Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Since Cares of Living First Began...





Since cares of living first began
God has ordained a way for man
To still commune with Him

A rod and staff to comfort us
A sacred altar where
Nothing need ever hinder us
Our heart and soul to bare

The fellowship of God to men
Is still as sure today
As in those ancient days back when
Prophets bowed down to pray

A Shoulder in the storms of life
A beacon in the dark
And in the rise and fall of strife
An infallible ark

Before we rise, before we sleep
Before we break our bread
Pray to the One who broke five loaves
Then five-thousand were fed

Oh, pray we do not forget He
Who is our strength and stay
But that with glad humility
We don’t forget to pray

© Janet Martin


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reminder. Although I am a silent prayer,I need to do it more often. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! here are a few quotes I love on prayer;
    Adam Clarke – “Prayer requires more of the heart than the tongue.” [Adam Clarke (1762-1832)]
    I have been driven many times to my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go. ~Abraham Lincoln
    The deepest prayers often have no words (I can't remember the author, Spurgeon maybe?)
    But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.Matt. 6:6
    In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans.
    Romans 8:26
    “The best prayers often have more groans than words.” [John Bunyan (1628-1688)]
    “Prayer does not equip us for the greater work, Prayer is the greater work.”Unknown
    Monica, I wish for you and yours a blessed New Year!
    Thank-you for the thoughts and wishes:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!