Monday, December 14, 2015

Given the Chance...or Given the Gift?





Straggle, shuffle, haste or lag
Empty-handed, heavy bag,
Happy, huffy, grumpy, sad
Tell me, which are you?

Morning flings its door ajar
And no matter who we are
Stumble, fumble, touch-a-star
We have life to do

Big blue sky or rainy gray
Work-work-work or pause to play, 
Weighted by time's come-what-may
Or free as a lark

Mouth of grin or fierce-some frown
Rich or poor or up or down
Stiffly starched or wrinkled gown
Day will soon be dark

Pick a flower, trample it
Hurry, scurry, loaf a bit
Supple stride or simple sit
Endure or abscond

Choose to pray or live to crave
Will we be servant or slave
Where Today is all we have?
…how will we respond?

© Janet Martin

Let's live to see
what's right in front
of you and me
and if given the chance
Let's not forget how to sing
or dance

...even in the rain 

yesterday Victoria, her friend and I watched this movie:)
Have you been singin' in the rain lately?

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness that's neat!! Just read Nib's Ends touching post...don't you just love when two things coincide like that??
    Jassy loved it! I want to see if I can find it for her...(don't think I've ever watched it..)Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I'm glad she liked it. It was a perfect way to spend a foggy/rainy afternoon.

      Delete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!