Thursday, December 17, 2015

Everlasting Light




 As I listened to this song these words hit me anew
'yet in the dark street shineth thy everlasting Light'
Hallelujah!

What joy resounds, oh, we are not
Doomed to the dark of night
For sinners the Christ Child has come
An everlasting Light

How doleful would be every pain
How bitter mortal plight
But for love’s gift God gave to man
An everlasting Light

Jesus, God’s Son to lowly earth
Suffered redemption’s Rite
The climax of His holy birth
Hope’s everlasting Light

What joy resounds; for you and I
While faith is not yet sight
Are guided through the ages by
His everlasting Light

© Janet Martin

2 comments:

  1. It was pointed out to me the other day that Genesis begins in darkness and Revelation ends in light.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!