Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Of Lessons Yet To Learn



Between the covers of Dawn-to-dusk,
are pages filled with lessons to learn
and whether the Teacher seems kind or brusque
it's up to us what marks we earn...

***

Dawn draws the gauze of Today's front-cover back 
as today's lessons, yet veiled
 are lowered from love's Hand that knows no lack
and never, ever fails

***

From belfry towers old as time
A golden gong begins to chime...





Beneath our feet and overhead
As night with morning light is wed
A fresh sheaf of work-sheets is spread
To teach and test and hone
Where sometimes it seems all we earn
Midst ups and downs and twist and turn
Are brand new lessons left to learn
Heave-ho, grunt, grin and groan

From belfry towers old as time
A golden gong begins to chime
And ushers in new hills to climb
Of dismay laced with awe
Where study books are full of care
And hope, a hunger full of prayer
Where wonder keeps us from despair
With moments of aha

From dusty tomes of yesteryears
To very present fights and fears
‘Neath tutelage of smiles and tears
In classrooms far and wide
We tackle Today’s no-return
Of lessons yet to live-and-learn
Where by God’s grace we humbly earn
High marks for having tried

© Janet Martin

Psalm 90:12
Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom.

Psalm 119:12
Blessed are You, O LORD; teach me Your statutes.

Psalm 119:26
I recounted my ways, and You answered me; teach me Your statutes.

Psalm 119:33
Teach me, O LORD, the way of Your statutes, and I will keep them to the end.

Psalm 119:64
The earth is filled with Your loving devotion, O LORD; teach me Your statutes.

Psalm 119:68
You are good, and You do what is good; teach me Your statutes.

Psalm 119:108
Accept the freewill offerings of my mouth, O LORD, and teach me Your judgments.

Psalm 119:124
Deal with Your servant according to Your loving devotion, and teach me Your statutes.

Psalm 119:135
Make Your face shine upon Your servant, and teach me Your statutes.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!