Monday, October 18, 2021

Battle Cry...



Yea, though we walk through the valley of
the shadow of death, we will fear no evil.
Your rod and Your staff comfort us...
clinging to these verses this morning
from Psalm 23

Please, join us in praying for this situation!!


What next?!! I cried as this headline surfaced
and prayers weep and plead on their behalf!

What next we cry 
as sorrows try
and Trial wields its rod
What next for sheep
In the Shepherd's keep?
The goodness and mercy of God!

Prayer is the believer's battle cry!
If God is for us who can be against us?
Rom.8:31



Wars without and wars within
God, deliver us from sin...

The wars that wage within us can stage bitter battle zones
Where wars that wage without conflict where reasoning intones
Where, while we dally in the valley because hills look hard
Windows of opportunity expire, shut and barred

To trust the Lord with all our hearts and not logic of thought
Is to yield humbly, and to seek first the kingdom of God
In all our ways acknowledge Him, and turn the other cheek
For the spirit is willing but the flesh is oh, so weak

To fall is not to fail; it is to learn to grasp the Hand
That leads not to temptation but helps us securely stand
Our Father, who art in Heaven, You are truth and light
Through you the grace is given that will fit us for the fight

Your Word is a lamp to our feet, a light unto our path
And suffering is not a foretaste of Your righteous wrath
But is like a refining fire burning off the dross
To see if what remains is broken chains beneath the cross

© Janet Martin

Psalm 23
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures:
 he leadeth me beside the still waters.
3 He restoreth my soul: 
he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
 I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies:
 thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: 
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!