Friday, October 16, 2020

Poem-Contemplations/Compilations From My Little Corner of Countryside







I love the way the seasons play upon the harps of countryside 
Their melody of majesty spills from plucked earth-strings far and wide 
I love how no one gets enough of what One greater than us grants 
Ah, don’t it make us wanna sing and don’t it make our heart-feet dance 
And don’t it wake a mystic ache as we partake of Beauty’s let
To trust the Hand that fills the land with such a gorgeous pirouette 

© Janet Martin 


I Want to Want… 

I want, not green-eyed envy when someone seems to collect 
With ease my dreams and fantasies I have not tasted yet 
I want to want unjealous joy 
And not let green-eyed mon destroy 
The happiness that waits for me in love’s kind-mind humility 

© Janet Martin 

In Plain Sight 

Be not deceived; God sees the heart 
Where our true passion lies 
He is not taken by the art 
Of winking, batted eyes 
But ever He seeketh to find 
In both aged and youth 
Worship that is humble and kind 
In spirit and in truth 

© Janet Martin 


Whether-challenge 

Whether our corner is noisy or quiet 
A color-riot or somber and plain 
Whether we borrow or whether we buy it 
Whether the weather is sunshine or rain 
Whether we ramble or rush with intention 
Push through the bramble or sail the high sea 
Whether we worry or wait without hurry 
Whatever else our whether may be 
God is the Giver of all that we savour 
Whether we consider Him, or not 
So thus, it behooves us if pray, He so moves us 
To give to the Giver the best we have got 

© Janet Martin 



Subtle Shuttle 

My, my, the metronome of moments 
Moves with smoothest ease 
It gathers both highlights and low blows 
Into memories 

My, my, time’s loom in us is subtle 
Where a shuttle whirs 
Weaving breath by breath a luminous 
Heath of lost summers 

© Janet Martin 


From the premonition of perhaps 
A sharp-edged awareness is born 
As we honestly admit our utter dependence 
On He who orchestrates the morn 

From the premonition of perhaps 
A world of fear or faith unfolds 
It all depends upon the vantage-point 
And the hand to which one holds 

© Janet Martin 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!