Friday, October 30, 2020

More Than Swift Sweep of Seasons...


The older I get the more it feels like seasons sweep through years
like the wind through leaves...


 






Thankfully life is much more than a legacy of leaves
Seasons but the effecting of what dust-to-dust conceives

In this swift sweep of seasons spurred by rise and setting sun 
Of appetites we feed or curb with seeds soon spilled and spun 
Whether shadows of doubt dark-fall, or clear appears the view 
God knows the ins and outs of all with which we have to do 

The break of day with seamless sway folds into noon, then dusk 
While we, students of Learning taste the grains that drain the husk 
And in the course of smacking lips, of samples bitter, sweet 
We start to sense an Immense Grip instilled in hands and feet 

The Matrix from which moments flow is without form or cast 
Where from a foothold we call Now future turns into past 
And from the Hand that gives, a world of hands reaches to take 
Where everyone who lives is loved by He who holds time's ‘cake’ 

…and no one is forgotten on earth’s awesome glockenspiel 
No matter who we are the Author holds and turns a wheel 
Which ushers tears and laughter through the flue of day-to-day 
Until the Ever-after brushes out Mercy’s buffet 

Ah, what a feast for thought is this; The One who grants Because 
Metes more than the analysis of scientific laws 
In this swift sweep of seasons spurred by rise and setting sun 
He knows the inmost ins and outs of each and everyone 

And what some deem as nothing but a blue dot flung to space 
Is Human Being’s common ground abounding with God’s grace 
Where He is the Good Shepherd of Time’s season-thoroughfare 
And we are all together sheep in pastures of His care 

© Janet Martin 

Psalm 95:6-7

Come, let us bow down in worship,
let us kneel before the Lord our Maker;
7for he is our God
and we are the people of his pasture,
the flock under his care.

  

Psalm23

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want
2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: 
he leadeth me beside the still waters.
3 He restoreth my soul: 
he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: 
for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: 
thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: 
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!