Thursday, October 8, 2020

For All This-A for Effort, Please?

Yesterday This chair 

held a replay of This


because already Little Boy is struggling with this law in all of us...

 For I do not do the good I want to do, 
but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. 
Romans 7:19
Read the glorious analysis to the quandary here; 



For all the failures I could count 
In Learning’s stumble-humbled chase 
In the end all seems to amount 
To ‘try again, all by God’s grace’ 

For all the 'bumble-pie' life serves 
Without waiting for ‘seconds please?’ 
I should stagger beneath cruel curves 
If it packed, not lacked calories 

For all the things I thought I knew 
Until life puts it to the test 
Becomes The Thing that draws me to 
My knees with pleas of meek request 

For all the gritty grunts and groans 
That could forge millstones from my tears 
But mercy turns to stepping-stones 
And keeps me from drowning in fears 

For all that at first glance would seem 
To be failure’s shining success 
I pray that God would kindly glean 
An A for effort from its mess 

And save me from would-be despair 
Not by some credit proudly earned 
But by His whisper in my prayer 
For all my spoil, His grace returned 

© Janet Martin 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!