Monday, October 12, 2020

Of Gratitude Parades...


Short and sweet is what all time feels like
with those we love...
 

My camera kept dying and my phone camera stinks but you get the idea💓💕😍

picture below; Victoria reading Jack and the Beanstalk
"fe-fi-fo-fum, I smell the blood of an Englishman"



Happy 7th Anniversary, Rob and Emily




I’m thankful for the days that always seem to fade too fast 
Where, when we are together dusk’s shadows seem swiftly cast 
The past is always hungry for the present I have learned 
The eagerness of hours leaves not one moment unturned 

I’m thankful for the memories after a day is spent 
To press soft on my reverie love’s bittersweet lament 
Where we are always hungry for more time with those we love 
And farewell always rushes in before we’ve had enough 

I’m thankful for the blessing of a place to hang our hats 
And call it home sweet home; a place to recharge and relax 
I’m thankful that the heart can hold, long after laughter fades 
The reel that plays its pictures back in gratitude-parades 

© Janet Martin



2 comments:

  1. Such happy pictures! The first line is a poem in itself. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank-you Sasha, It was a day of simple happiness-es<3

      Delete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!